Saturday 18 May 2013

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask Review

ren glycolactic radiance renewal mask

I think REN might be stealing my heart a little bit. I got a sample of their Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask in one of the "exclusive" Glossyboxes a while back, and oh how I love it.

This marmelade-esq mask from REN is packed with Papin (papaya extract) and natural fruit acids to exfoliate the outer layer of skin and create a beautifully glowing complexion, and it really does what it says on the tin (well, bottle). I don't think I can remember a face mask that has such a wonderful affect - although this isn't an explicitly moisturising mask, it always leaves my skin feeling softer and more hydrated. 

The "peel" effect isn't super strong - there's a very gentle tingle but it's never painful or uncomfortable. That doesn't seem to have a negative effect on the results though. One thing it is pointing out is that this is a facial peel, not a peel off mask. I've seen a few reviews expressing confusion at the lack of ability to peel this off (like the cheapo superdrug masks I remember from my teen years) - this mask stays a sticky gel like substance throughout. The peel refers to its gently acidic exfoliating effect which comes from the glycolic acid which helps to stimulate new skin cells and give you a radient glow (hence the name Radiance Renewal!)

My sample has finally run out, and this REN mask high on my list of goodies to replenish soon. I'm eyeing up the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask with hungry eyes too.

REN Glycolatic Radiance Renewal Mask £30 from renskincare.com
What are your favourite face masks right now?

RSS Feed | Bloglovin | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

1 comment:

  1. This mask sounds gorgeous! I really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx